Award Winning Celebrity Blogs and Celebrity Photo Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

News from the fashion world

Hello world!
It's been a while since I last posted on my blog.
These days, I am discovering a brand new world which is that of fashion and modeling!
One could think that with a mum who has worked as a model for years, I know this world.
Of course, I remember attending a few stunning fashion shows when I was 4 or 5.

the world most famous plus size models on this picture. Crystal Renn (left) has worked for the most prestigious magazines such as Vogue!
But in truth, I knew nothing from the world of modeling until I applied on the website of a the Contrebande modeling agency. I now work for the Plus size model agency, with women ranging from a size 10 to size 18 or +! Needless to say that I am almost too slim for the job (!!) 

As a new aspiring model, I am seeking to have my own press book, which I could use for castings.
I have discovered the expression "go and see". Today, I went to a go and see with a very famous photographer! The shooting was very spontaneous and lasted only 5 minutes.
A go and see is a span of time of two or three hours in the schedule of a fashion photographer, during which you can come and introduce yourself as a new model in town.
This can also help enriching your press book, or in my case, starting it!

Being only 170cm tall, I am just on the verge of being too small for the job!
Also, another thing I think is pretty funny is that I am a bit too slim for a plus size model...
Plus size models that are the most likely to be hired are a rather a size 12-13.
But there is no way I would pile on pounds for that job (especially if I do not find any job!!)

Otherwise, if I wanted to be a normal size model, I would have to lose 4 or 5 sizes, which is totally impossible for me at the moment.

Anyway, let's see what happen.

Enough talked about me.
I just wanted to introduce you a new fashion sensation: Rick Genest.
Genest, born in 1985 in Canada, first started as an average good looking bloke, until he decided to cover his body with macabre tattoo. He first started his work of art by covering his body with a tattoo of a rotting corpse.
He then decided to take the plunge and go for a full skull tattoo on his head!
He then completed the work by adding a visible brain tattoo on the top of his head.
Genest now. I find him rather hot. 


Since then, Genest has starred in Gaga's last video: Born this way (appearance at 4'10''), and has become a micro phenomenon in the fashion industry. He has modeled for Thierry Mugler and posed for prestigious magazines.   


Surprisingly, his mother describes him as the contrary of a rebel, a very sweet guy who always cares to give her a call when he travels abroad and loves his family above all.
Do not judge a book by its cover...

The Genest phenomenon because he has turned his whole body into a memento mori.
But his tattoos also raise more practical questions: how will he be able to pick up his kids after school without freaking out the other children? In what will he dress up for Halloween?

Tell us what you think about the skull man!

4 comments:

  1. Effectivement, on retrouve le sympathique bonhomme dans les dernières pubs Mugler : http://www.materialiste.com/en/style/mugler-nicola-formichetti-rick-genest

    Quand je te dis que le Canada est rempli de gens biens B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je n'en doute pas: ne serait-ce que Marc-André Grondin ...
    Etre élevé au sirop d'érable ça donne des gens biens !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool site. This great stuff these collection so hottest. I am so attractive this picture gallery.

    ReplyDelete